Thanks to Deke for pointing out that the Tragically Hip will be re-releasing their seminal Fully Completely album next month. This, in itself, is great news! I love that album, as do millions of others.
The thing is, they’re releasing three versions of it, in varying loads of content, and I want them all!
1) 2CD Deluxe (8-panel digipak) [$9.99]
– album remastered, with 2 previously unreleased studio tracks
– live album from Horseshoe Tavern, Toronto 1992-09-13
2) Super Deluxe [$49.99]
– all of 1), plus…
– DVD of Heksenketel 1993 tour documentary
– 5 lithographs
– hardcover book with photos, artwork, band recollections, etc
3) 180g Vinyl [$24.99]
– includes 2 bonus tracks same as CD versions
– does NOT include vinyl of live Horseshoe show
So. For me it goes like this:
1) would make me very, very happy. Truth to tell, this is all most people would need. It’s also a total fuckin’ steal at $10.
2) would send me over the moon. Mostly for the included DVD. That Heksenketel has been out of print so long, I’m drooling just thinking about it. This is definitely be the most expensive option, but it would also be totally, totally worth it.
3) given how rare (and therefore expensive) original Hip vinyl is, this would be a very, very pleasing option. Example: I looked it up on Discogs tonight. The cheapest original vinyl of this album listed is $225 CDN (€160)! NB: Anyone reading this, if you happen across Tragically Hip vinyl in your local shop at a reasonable price BUY IT AND I WILL PAY YOU BACK! Thanks! 🙂 I wish they’d included the live album in this, made it a double vinyl.
All three of these options are great. I want them all.
What would you do?