I am breaking my once-per-week system here, because Boppin’s Blog has nominated lil’ ‘ol me for this intriguing challenge. Thank you, sir!
This is a really cool concept too. It doesn’t specify a time limit, like “I Will Do These Five Things In Five Years, or Ten Years,” or whatever. It’s just at some point in your life, do these things (of your own choosing). Way less stress, that way! So it’s basically a bucket list. Of course, since this is a music site, and since music really is what keeps me alive (ahem), all of my choices will be music-related.
So here’s how it rolls out. The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. (That’s an easy one – THANKS, DUDE!)
- Link back to the challenge creator Boppin’s Blog to track progress.
- Share 5 things about your future. Then one day you can look back and see how psychic you are.
- Tag 5 bloggers and put them up to the challenge.
Let’s give ‘er!
5 Things About My Future:
- I will encourage both of my kids towards a) the enjoyment (and possible collection) of music, and b) the playing (creation) of music in their own lives…*
- I will travel to Japan and shop for records in Tokyo until I drop. I will also visit Fuji-san, many temples, and Musashi’s cave at Reigandō.
- I will own an official Fender Telecaster, blonde with a maple neck. I’m going for my own Micawber, here. Bonus points if it is vintage. Double bonus points if it was manufactured in the year of my birth.
- I will travel to wherever possible to see Robert Pollard perform in concert (at least once).
- I will write one song I know is good enough to be a hit.
* Is this one cheating? ‘Cos it’s totally what I’ll do anyway even without this challenge… 🙂
My 5 Nominees (different from Boppin’s):
None of my nominees HAVE TO participate, no obligation whatsoever. But it could be fun for you, guys! GIVE ‘ER! 🙂